How to Apply for a Marriage License In New Jersey
How will you ensure that you are prepared with so many tasks to complete? Let us assist you. Simply follow these instructions, and if you require assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.
- You will first need to make an appointment with a wedding officiant for your ceremony. Check out our list of New Jersey wedding officiants.
- Then can call the local registrar’s office and make an appointment to apply for your marriage license.
- Apply for the marriage license in the New Jersey municipality where either party resides. The license is valid throughout New Jersey.
- If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed. In this case, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
- You can click above or look at the list below.
- Now, download the Reg-77 Marriage application and print it.
- Fill it out, but DO NOT SIGN it until the registrar accepting the application tells you to do so. You must sign the application, while under oath, in the presence of the issuing authority.
Obtaining a copy of your marriage records.
For information on registering, amending, or obtaining copies of vital records please call (866) 649-8726 or for individuals within the 609-area code, call (609) 292-4087
- REG-D30: “Entering into a Marriage in New Jersey” Brochure | pdf 123k | doc 18k
- REG-D30A: “Entering into a Marriage in New Jersey” (Spanish) | pdf 22k | doc 48k
- REG-D77A: “Application for License: Marriage, Remarriage, Civil Union, Reaffirmation of Civil Union Form (Combined English and Spanish) | pdf 140k | doc 35k